Ecotide’s Bushfire Town Planning can be customised with strategies for a range of clients, particularly providing tailored bushfire behaviour and planning expertise to local government, including:
- Strategic bushfire management planning for local governments;
- Municipal Fire Prevention Planning integration;
- Park & Reserve Bushfire Protection;
- Township protection strategy development
- Planning scheme schedule development
- Innovative community engagement initiatives
In collaboration with town planning consultants, Ecotide have provided expert bushfire advice in relation to township planning and development. Two recent projects have looked at towns within the Macedon Ranges, and the unique, rural, historical mining township of Walhalla. Both projects had similar objectives in examining the potential for future development in and around the townships.
Ecotide were able to provide an accurate assessment of the bushfire risk posed to the townships, and provide recommendations for development expansion. Both projects illustrate our ability to provide practical advice in relation to town planning issues.